Friday, February 29, 2008

I Think About My Mom Every Time I Win an Award

Actor and singing sensation, Rain, recently won the Korean Image Didimdol Award for being at the forefront of Korean pop-culture and introducing it to the world.

The 26-year-old, who’s real name is Jeong Ji-Hoon, attended the ceremony dressed very stylishly, with his long hair tied pinned under a felt hat. Rain received the Korean Image Didimdol Award the ‘CICI Korea 2008’ event that was held on February 19th at the Intercontinental Hotel’s grand ballroom in Samseong-dong, Seoul.

This year marked ‘CICI Korea’s’ 4th awards ceremony and Rain said, ‘I think of my mom every time I win an award. The award I received today means more to me than any international award that I have won. This is a great honor, and I am grateful."

CICI’s chief director Choi Jeong-Hwa stated on behalf of Rain’s award winning saying, “Rain rightfully won the award. He appeared as one of ‘TIME Magazine’s Top 100 Most Influential People’ and entered the heart of America’s pop-culture as the top Asian star, introducing the Korean pop-culture to the world.”


source: tour2korea

Related Tags: //

No comments: