Friday, May 11, 2007

Bae Yong Joon, avid reader 'Kami no Shizuku (Les Gouttes de Dieu)'


Bae Yong Joon is said to be an avid reader of 'Kami no Shizuku (Les Gouttes de Dieu)' and is interested in wine and wine production.

In a recently published interview with CEO Sohn Il Hyung of IMX, Bae Yong Joon's agency of Japan, he noted that Bae Yong Joon has a special interest in wine.

When Bae Yong Joon visited Japan on the 8th, he took four bottles of wine to where Bae Yong Joon was staying and discussed the origins of the wine, and that Bae Yong Joon has a great understanding of the winery process.

CEO Sohn Il Hyung says he does not drink too much but has become an avid wine taster because of Bae Yong Joon.

Last year, IMX also offered 1972 Colheita wine from Portugal to commemorate Bae Yong Joon's birthday.

An interview with Bae Yong Joon was also published in the recent manga magazine publishing 'Kami no Shizuku' where he says, "I do not usually read manga but I read all of 'Kami no Shizuku. I also do not like drinking too much but am greatly enjoying wine. I have wanted to try the wine that appears in the series but they are rather hard to find. As each wine has a story of its own like a movie, I truly think wine could have been a present of god."

He concluded the interview saying, "I am only an avid reader right now, but I subtly hope that one day I can work with the series in any way. I will support the original creators looking forward to many more moving episodes."

'Kami no Shizuku' is a manga series by Agi Tadashi and Okimoto Shuu about wine and has gathered much popularity in Korea as well.

source: Broasia

Technorati Tags: / / /

No comments: